Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunbound-mania forum comes to those who wait and get's you where you're going. Join us Only if you want the best.

HomeOur PortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Happy New Year 2009
Latest topics
» becoming gm i think
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:55 pm by kingferdi1

» i nid clan
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:46 pm by kingferdi1

» Messenger not showing
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:42 pm by kingferdi1

» Gunbound für Android ~ ONLINE Petition
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 9:39 pm by dbaf14

» new mobile info?
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:05 pm by freakclown

» Frank Intro
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:04 pm by freakclown

» Change in Punishment for Hack Program users
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:02 pm by alexboi

» About New Kings
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:01 pm by alexboi

» BUG WIN IDIOTS
caught my eyes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 11:58 am by zacky

Poll
What do you expect Tiburon & Bluewhale to be?
Cash
caught my eyes I_vote_lcap 23% caught my eyes I_vote_rcap
 23%  [ 12 ]
Normal
caught my eyes I_vote_lcap 51% caught my eyes I_vote_rcap
 51%  [ 27 ]
Anything
caught my eyes I_vote_lcap 26% caught my eyes I_vote_rcap
 26%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 53
Download Now!
Download now
Partner Links

caught my eyes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danny
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
danny

Male
Number of posts : 182
Fav Football Club : Manu
Favourite Mobile : Armor
Active Server : GIS
Rakion Characters : Mage
Wolfteam Rank : Senior Sgt
Warning Card : <font color="blue">Nil</font>
Current Awards : <div style=font-size:11px;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;color:#ffff00;filter:Glow(color=##00FF00,strength=4);height:15px;>No Award</div>
Awards Showcase :

Registration date : 2008-11-24

caught my eyes Empty
PostSubject: caught my eyes   caught my eyes Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008, 3:24 pm

this new article caught my attention. just read it and you will know why.

Quote :
US online actors move into post-election mode

Barack Obama tapped the power of the Web to win the US presidential election and now that he's heading to the White House powerful online actors are mobilizing to help define his agenda and ensure the public retains a voice.
MySpace and a social advocacy group, Change.org, announced on Monday the launch of "Ideas for Change in America," described as a "groundbreaking citizen-driven effort" to help set the agenda of the next administration.

"In his victory speech, president-elect Obama talked about his commitment to opening up government, and called for citizens to participate in their own democracy again," said Ben Rattray, founder and chief executive of the San Francisco-based Change.org.

"Ideas for Change in America answers that call by empowering Americans to get involved in the process of identifying solutions to the most important problems we face," he said in a statement announcing the initiative.
"What we're trying to do is reach the millions of Americans who've been inspired by this campaign and to give them an outlet," Rattray added in an interview with AFP.

MySpace members, at myspace.com/changedotorg, and visitors to Change.org, at change.org/ideas, are able to submit and vote on ideas organized by theme into some 30 categories, from animal rights to health care to women's rights.
The ideas will be winnowed down through public voting, first to a Top 100 and eventually to a Top 10 which will be submitted to a representative of the Obama administration on Inauguration Day, January 20.

Each idea will be paired with a nonprofit sponsor, MySpace and Change.org said, which will then "launch a campaign to mobilize the millions of people on both sites to ensure that each top idea gets the full consideration of the Obama administration and the 111th Congress."

The initiative by Change.org and MySpace, which claims 77 million active users, is the most significant online campaign so far by those seeking to influence an Obama White House but not the only one.

Others include whitehouse2.org, where users can suggest priorities for the president's first 100 days in office, BigDialog.org, where they can ask the chief executive a question by video or in writing, and ObamaCTO.org, where users vote on what the technology agenda should be for the White House.

MySpace and Change.org welcomed the website set up by Obama's transition team, Change.gov, as "the first step toward providing the transparency his campaign promised."

But, they added, "it does not enable citizens to publicly express their own ideas for how the Obama administration should advance change or to collaborate in the ways they had become accustomed to during the campaign."

MySpace manager Liba Wenig Rubenstein, who oversaw the social network's relationships with the presidential campaigns, was quick to dismiss any suggestions of friction now that the campaign phase is over.

"Organizations and platforms like ours are trying to figure out how to harness all of that energy and make sure that it doesn't die now that the ostensible goal has been reached," Rubenstein told AFP.

"We see ourselves as working towards the same goals and working with the administration in whatever way they're interested in working," she said.
Rattray said the Obama team had done an "awesome job" and "one thing we're sensitive to is making it seem like they're failing."

But he made it clear that the online forces empowered during the campaign plan to remain engaged -- and not just as cheerleaders on the sidelines.
"What's really important is not to just suggest ideas and allow the Obama campaign then to decide which ones they want and which ones they don't," the Change.org CEO said.

"The most interesting thing is not stopping at the announcement (of the Top 10 ideas). It's actually running -- literally -- a lobbying campaign behind each of these ideas," Rattray said.

"It's mobilizing our resources and those of MySpace and our partners, putting real resources behind translating those ideas into practical policy.
"Even if the Obama administration supports some of these ideas it's not going to be easy for them to get them implemented and so one of the best ways to ensure that is to mobilize millions of people behind them," he said.

Back to top Go down

caught my eyes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gunbound-mania Forum :: Forum Cafe :: General Chat-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com