Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunbound-mania forum comes to those who wait and get's you where you're going. Join us Only if you want the best.

HomeOur PortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Happy New Year 2009
Latest topics
» becoming gm i think
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:55 pm by kingferdi1

» i nid clan
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:46 pm by kingferdi1

» Messenger not showing
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:42 pm by kingferdi1

» Gunbound für Android ~ ONLINE Petition
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 9:39 pm by dbaf14

» new mobile info?
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:05 pm by freakclown

» Frank Intro
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:04 pm by freakclown

» Change in Punishment for Hack Program users
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:02 pm by alexboi

» About New Kings
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 12:01 pm by alexboi

» BUG WIN IDIOTS
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009, 11:58 am by zacky

Poll
What do you expect Tiburon & Bluewhale to be?
Cash
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore I_vote_lcap 23% Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore I_vote_rcap
 23%  [ 12 ]
Normal
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore I_vote_lcap 51% Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore I_vote_rcap
 51%  [ 27 ]
Anything
Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore I_vote_lcap 26% Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore I_vote_rcap
 26%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 53
Download Now!
Download now
Partner Links

Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
netster
Board Observador
Board Observador
netster

Male
Number of posts : 226
Job/hobbies : IT stuffs :)
Fav Football Club : Chelsea
Favourite Mobile : Trico
Active Server : GIS
Rakion Characters : Archer
Wolfteam Rank : Master Sgt (Co. Grade Off.)
Warning Card : <font color="blue">Nil</font>
Current Awards : <div style=font-size:11px;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;color:#ffff00;filter:Glow(color=##00FF00,strength=4);height:15px;>No Award</div>
Awards Showcase :

Registration date : 2008-11-24

Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore   Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008, 3:31 pm

Lo Hwei Yen came from a country that prides itself on rigorous anti-terrorism measures.

But all the security in the city-state of Singapore meant nothing when Islamic militants stormed the Indian hotel where Lo was staying and took her hostage.
"It's pretty unthinkable. No one expects a Singaporean to..." Lo's younger sister, Hwei Shan, 25, was quoted as saying Saturday in The New Paper, her words trailing off.

"This is the first time a Singaporean has been a victim of a terrorist attack," Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in a letter to Lo's husband, Michael Puhaindran.
A Singaporean foreign ministry official announced late Friday that Lo, 28, had died after militants took her and others hostage at the Oberoi/Trident hotel in India's commercial capital, Mumbai.

Local newspapers reported Saturday that Lo, a lawyer, had gone to Mumbai for just one night to attend a seminar.

"She was supposed to come back on Thursday evening," The New Paper quoted her sister as saying.

Hwei Shan told The Straits Times that Lo called her husband at 2:00 am Thursday to say she heard gunfire and hotel staff told her to move to another floor.
At about 6:00 am, she called again to say she had been taken hostage, and was not heard from after that, the newspapers said.

Jai Sohan, consular director of Singapore's foreign ministry, told reporters Friday night that Lo had conveyed a message from the attackers.

"The terrorists demanded that the Indian authorities refrain from storming the Oberoi hotel or else they would harm her," Sohan said.

The demand was passed on to Indian authorities, he said, unable to give details on exactly how she died.

"Our whole family loved her," Lo's father-in-law, Stanley Puhaindran, told The New Paper. Puhaindran, a justice of the peace, presided over her wedding on the Indonesian holiday island of Bali last year, the paper said.

At Puhaindran's simple home in a Singapore public housing compound, a woman told AFP on Saturday that Puhaindran could not comment.

"He's not thinking very well," she said, fighting back tears. "Give us some time."
A man who answered the phone at the international law firm where Lo worked said only, "It's all so rather difficult at the moment."

Sohan, of the foreign ministry, said that Lo's husband identified her body.
The Straits Times ran a large photograph of a smiling Lo on its front page.

"She'd be the kind who'd be the life of a party," Lo's sister told The New Paper, which dressed its front page in black, with the large headline "Cowards".

"Suddenly, Mumbai is not that far away," the paper wrote in an editorial. "Now, it has hit home. One among us is dead."

The two-day assault by gunmen on luxury hotels and other targets in Mumbai left at least 155 dead, including 21 foreigners.
Back to top Go down
https://gunbound-mania.forumotion.com

Mumbai killing jolts peaceful Singapore
Page 1 of 1